It has been a little over four months since the African water well project initiative was announced at our church. We have had no organized fundraisers, just donations from congregants of various amounts as well as a "water well" collection spot in our church for people to place donations of any size. In just a little over four months time - with no organized fundraisers to speak of - the church that I am a part of, has raised over $14,000.00 toward the cost of one well! One well in the nation of South Sudan costs $16,500 to dig. This well will serve approx. 20,000 people who now walk miles per day to fetch their water and it is contaminated water at that. Soon, thousands of people will have a new opportunity for clean safe drinking water and all of the health and life that will bring to their families and communities.
I guess it goes without saying that I am beyond thrilled with this venture! It amazes me that one medium sized church in America can have such an immense influence for good. I can't imagine what this world would look like if we all started looking around us for opportunities to influence others for their good and for God's glory.
I will keep you posted on when we meet our goal, but it shouldn't be much longer.
Thanks be to God! This is cause for rejoicing!!!!!
3 comments:
Really cool. Really, really cool.
Thanks, Amy, for sharing in my joy! I am really excited!
That is so wonderful! God is good. : )
Blessings,
Anneli
Post a Comment