Celebrating Life's good gifts and God, the Giver of them!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Morning



Good Morning!  A common phrase exchanged throughout our culture is an oxymoron for some people who are not morning people.  I have found that I am a morning person once I am up and about but it is not easy for me to get up early in the morning.  God has been working on me with this though.  He is consistently prodding me to be more intentional about using my time wisely and efficiently.  This can be a challenge, but I can see subtle changes taking place in my life as he is helping me to get going earlier so that I can accomplish more each day for His glory in my home, for my family, at my workplace, and in my life in general.

The newest addition to my morning routine has been an early morning workout at the Y.  My family and I recently joined the Y and we are trying to determine the best time for our daily workouts in order to take full advantage of our membership and also to attend to our health and overall fitness needs.  Today was the first early morning workout, and I must say it went really well.  It felt great to be able to have a workout first thing and then to be able to move on to the rest of the day feeling energized.  I hope this will help with some of the stress I have been experiencing at work, both physically and emotionally.  We will see how this workout impacts my day today.  I am trusting God with this.

The funny motivator about this workout is the personal television on each treadmill!  We do not have television in our home.  We have an actual television as well as a DVD player for movies, but no actual television reception.  I have found that I could watch shows on creative home decorating for quite some time while walking without feeling the effects of the workout.  Having my mind engaged in something I enjoy passes the time so quickly!  I feel as if I could walk for longer lengths of time as long as my mind is preoccupied with things that I enjoy.  This is a great help!  It is also quite informative, as I can catch up on some of the news as I am working out. 

I have never been consistent in this area of my life, so I am hoping that God will use this new membership to breathe new life and vitality into this area of my life.  It is also a great thing to be able to do with my family.

What motivates you to exercise and invest in your personal health in this way?

Happy Monday everyone!
Have a great week!  God be with you!

2 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh this is great...I am doing the same! Each part you are doing. We just joined a little neighborhood gym...I get my decorating ideas or cooking while I am on the elliptical...and hopefully running off some of my 40 plus pounds I need to get rid of at age 50!

He is also waking me up earlier...getting a teen to early morning practice and spending time with Him...when I am obedient the day just seems more peaceful and productive.

Keep it up girl.

Jen said...

Hi Janette! Thanks for your encouragement! Yes, I have been walking on the treadmill for the most part although I have done the elliptical a couple of times and I enjoy that too. Other than the zillions of commercials that are on, it is helpful to think on things I enjoy as I workout. The energy is therapeutic the rest of the day. Now if I could only lose some extra weight as well, I would be hooked for life!