Celebrating Life's good gifts and God, the Giver of them!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

All Things New!


Recently, I have been experiencing the gift of God's promise to make all things new in my life.  My hours spent working full time in a busy, demanding medical facility have come to a halt and have been significantly reduced.  At first this brought fear, but God was present in the news of this change and it was not long before I recognized His hand and Presence at work in my life through this. It has been a busy and very stressful season of work which often left me very little time and energy to invest in my family, home, and relationships with those that I love.  Finally - some room to breathe!  I am grateful for this change in my life.  It is a gift from God.

I don't know all of what God has in store for me in this next season of my life but I am deeply enjoying time in His Presence in prayer, reading, and reflection, as well as unhurried time with those that I love.  An additional blessing is the ability to respond to all sorts of creative inspiration that He is giving me for my home and also in the creation of artwork.  I LOVE painting and creating abstract and colorful pieces of art!  This is a relatively new found love and it is life-giving and invigorating therapy for my soul!  I just might open my own Etsy shop!

Are you naturally drawn to creativity? 
I would love to hear and see what inspires you to be more creative.


4 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh blessings, blessings...and yes I am drawn to creative pursuits...I feel they energize me and besides our Heavenly Father is the author of creation!

Amy Sullivan said...

You know I was just going through some old posts, saw your little square face, and thought...I wonder how she is doing! And then, you appeared. What a crazy, scary, exciting time for you.

I am drawn to creativity. If I don't let words out, I feel as if I might burst. It's part of me, like breathing...can't explain it, but I know if I didn't write, my life wouldn't be the same.

Anyway, keep me posted on all of your adventures, and Etsy? Ha! Now, the creativity is really flowing.

Jen said...

Janette,

You ARE CREATIVE! Your blog is full of inspiration. I loved your recent post on canvas drop cloths. Recently I have felt inspired to create a canvas table cloth with faith symbols and lots of color with acrylic paint. I don't sew so the canvas drop cloths are perfect for that so I don't have to worry about hemming the edges - or the hemming alternative - stitch witchery. Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Jen

Jen said...

Hi Amy,

It was lovely to hear from you again. It is kinda crazy how you talk about if you don't write you feel like you are going to burst because that is how I have felt with painting abstract art since this past summer. I always feel funny describing it to people like that but that is how it feels. I miss blogging. I look forward to being more regular with this. It was kinda cool how as soon as I felt inspired to write my last post on creativity - there was your post on creativity. Such a God thing I am sure of it! I will keep you posted on my progress toward setting up my Etsy shop. Thanks for your encouragement!

Jen