"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor serving the Lord."
-Romans 12:11
Fervor, as defined by the College Random House Dictionary, is described as great warmth; earnestness of feeling; intense heat; ardor; intensity; passion.
God wants us to be passionate about Him and about serving Him. I am reminded of spiritual passion toward God and His purposes that radiated from within me as a youth in my late teens and early twenties. Then life became difficult due to painful circumstances and that passion seemed as if it had been squelched. My love for God and my commitment to Him was strong and unwavering but life became more painful than I had ever expected and that passion seemed to fade.
However, over the past year, in fact, perhaps about a month or so ago, I sensed it - that holy, unbridled, hard-to-contain passion for God and His purposes had returned - unleashed. I am thrilled beyond words about this. It has been many years since I have experienced this heightened sense of exhilaration for God, and I am thrilled for I know it is the evidence of God at work - His fingerprints on my life. I feel as though in a lot of ways I am still discovering all of what God has created me for, and I am excited to see what the future holds.
Only God knows fully all of the plans that He has for me, and the purpose behind this holy exhilaration that has once returned. I am eager to continue to follow God in this journey of life to see what His purposes are, and to what new heights I can soar as I remain closely connected to God and His love through faith and trust in Him.
His heart beats for us, friends, and the closer we get to Him, the more we will emanate His glory.
I want to keep shining for You, Jesus.
4 comments:
Wonderful post, Jen, and oh so true. God knows exactly the future He has for each one of us, it's just so hard to wait sometimes! I'm so glad that that fire has returned. He is so good. :)
Blessings,
Anneli
Amen...I am so glad He is fine with the different seasons of our life. He is sovereign and knew they would come...so even in the winter season He is there to watch us come forth again in the spring.
May you enjoy this spring season and the passion that God has lit in your life.
Thank you, ladies, for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts. It is ALWAYS such a blessing to hear from you.
I know we all go through "seasons" but oh, that verse. . .I want to keep that always, I never want to be lacking in zeal, always keeping the fervor. But sometimes, I can get so tired. I'm taping this one to my mirror, thanks for sharing it with us.
I'm excited to see God has planned for you:)
Post a Comment