Celebrating Life's good gifts and God, the Giver of them!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Expectation

Recently, God has been seemingly more near in my life than ever.  It is as though I am experiencing Him and His love in my life in new and fresh ways.  I have this sense of expectation that is permeating every fiber of my being regarding my future and the things He has yet to unfold in my life.  I almost feel like I am a child on Christmas morning, excited to see all that is under the Christmas tree.  I know that His plans for me are good, and I feel as if I am finally beginning to realize the deeper purposes He has for me.  

I have experienced a lot of turmoil and heartache in different seasons in my life due to hurt, betrayal, and emotional and spiritual seasons of anxiety and seemingly barrenness. But I finally feel like I am on the other side of that and joy is rushing in and multiplying in fresh and exciting ways.  I can see God giving me brand new ideas and fresh energy, joy, passion, and inspiration for ministry in a variety of ways.  I also see Him strengthening me in areas of my life in the past that have been areas of weakness.  

2 Corinthians 12:9 says, "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 

I can definitely see God making me strong in spite of my weaknesses.  As I begin to shine in areas that typically I am very weak in, I know it is God and not me.  It is an amazing privilege to sense the Spirit of God at work in my life in deeper ways and I am immensely grateful and filled with expectation for what God has in store for my future.

What about you?  Have you seen God working through you in areas of personal weakness? 
  
It is such an amazing gift to experience God first hand.  Frankly, the word that continues to come to my heart and mind regarding God's work in my life is "exhilarating".  I cannot imagine life any other way, and I am so thankful that I don't have to.  

By the way, if you have not yet experienced life with God but you would like to, it is as easy as a simple prayer away.

Thank God for His gift of love and forgiveness that He offers by trusting Jesus to cover your sin and wrongdoings.  

The Bible says in 1 John 1:9, that "if we confess our sins he (God) is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  

God doesn't play favorites and a life of hope, healing, cleansing, life, joy, purpose, and adventure awaits you if you decide to take God up on His offer and live your life with and for Him.   Do it today!  I promise you will never regret it.

If you have questions about living life with God and would like to explore this further, please don't hesitate to ask.  I'd love to talk with you more about it.   
 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love that verse from 2 Corinthians! Thanks for the encouraging reminder :)