| A collage I created last spring. |
Lately I have had an intense desire to be creative. I believe this is a God-given desire, as I feel the Holy Spirit birthing new creative ideas in my heart and mind nearly daily that I never considered before. Honestly, there are days where I feel if I don't indulge my creative desires, I will burst! I said it was intense!
Last week in my husband's Sunday school class I came across a passage of Scripture that he mentioned in reference to the work of the Holy Spirit present in the lives of individuals in the Old Testament. This is a text I also ran across in my own personal time with God recently. It was so encouraging in regards to these creative passions that have been welling up within me.
The Scripture text is Exodus 31: 1-5:
"Then the Lord said to Moses, "See I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability, and knowledge in all kinds of crafts - to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of craftsmanship."
The Holy Spirit initiated creativity in Bezalel! Why should I be surprised? After all, God is our Creator and the Creator of all things. God is a creative God. I should not be surprised to realize that he is initiating these passions within me. It is clearly more evidence of his Spirit at work in me, reflecting more of who he is.
| Creativity on display at my daughter's birthday party - blueberry scones & finger sandwiches. |
So, this afternoon, in honor of God and the creative passions he has been breathing into me, I am going to pursue whatever my creative heart desires whether it be painting or paper crafting or a creative addition to my blog. I am going to enjoy every minute of it! It is also great to be able to share these moments of creativity with my teenage daughter who does not have school today. It is memory making time!
I hope to share some of what we create in an upcoming post.
What is your favorite creative pursuit?
1 comment:
I had never read these verses before in this context. thanks for sharing them!!!
Post a Comment