Why Motion Lights? This is often the question I am asked when I mention the name of my blog to friends. The answer to this question is relatively straightforward. While contemplating potential names for my blog, I decided I wanted to include the word "light" in the title.
Jesus made numerous references in Scripture to His light shining through us, and how
his disciples are instructed to be lights shining in the darkness of the world in which we live. I wanted the title of my blog to be centered around that theme. I repeatedly came up with various potential titles for my blog only to discover that they were unavailable.
Unsuccessful attempts at securing a novel name for my blog ensued for nearly two weeks. Finally one evening, my husband and I returned home from dinner with friends, and I made my way toward the back door of our house. Frustrated by the failure of our motion lights to provide me with much needed illumination, I made my way across our uneven sidewalks. "I hate these motion lights!", I exclaimed. "They never work", I mumbled. Then a different "light" came on inside my head. Perhaps "Motion Lights" could be a name for my blog. My husband volunteered to check on the availability of that name for a blog, and lo and behold, it was available! My frustration turned to joy as I realized I could begin this new journey into the world of blogging.
Not being very technologically savvy, I had to rely on help from my husband and daughter to help me start this journey. My heart is full of gratitude for their willingness to share their expertise. Having already changed the header on my blog once already, I am realizing that this blog will be a work in progress; a reflection of the changes that occur in me.
So, in case you too were wondering about the name - there you have it; the story behind the name!
1 comment:
So glad you posted on your name! I did wonder, and I always like the inside scoop on things...now I'm in the know.
Post a Comment