Celebrating Life's good gifts and God, the Giver of them!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Adventures Of Life

Being new to the world of blogging, I am naturally a bit apprehensive about giving this world free access to  my thoughts and ideas.  Much of who I am is deeply rooted in my faith in God through Jesus Christ.  With that said, this blog and the things that I choose to share will largely reflect my inner life of faith, and how God is at work within me.  These are thoughts and convictions that are close to my heart, and therefore highly valued.  This authentic sharing will require my taking some great steps of faith.


I am passionate about my faith in God, and the things that He reveals to me and stirs within me, are the things that I most enjoy conversing about.  My relationship with God, through Jesus Christ, has been the most formative thing in my life, and I cannot imagine my life without Him at the center.  Everything I do, think, and enjoy revolves around the pleasure of living life in relationship with Him, and I delight in sharing the riches of that life with anyone who expresses interest.  


Life with God is indeed the grandest of adventures.  At times He reveals Himself in unexpected ways, prodding me to follow Him by making decisions that require trust, and often into areas that are unfamiliar, potentially risky and perhaps even seemingly daunting.  He seems to delight in leading me into unexplored territory so that I must lean on His strength and guidance as I move one step at a time into the great unknown.  The greatest comfort for me in those times, though, is the revelation that He is there.  He would not be leading me to proceed in these directions if He wasn't already there waiting for me, desiring to unfold another part of His plan for my life.  Hence, the adventure of living this life of faith produces both exhilaration and apprehension depending on the time of day.  Overall, though, I have found that the joy and richness of living life in communion with God far outweighs any anxiety that sometimes clouds my thoughts in trusting God as I walk toward the unfamiliar.  His ever present reminders to me of His faithfulness in times past blazes the trail and calms my fears. 


By now I may have peaked your curiosity as to what unfamiliar territory God is presently beckoning me toward.  I would love to share these things with you, and I will.  But before I venture in that direction, I want to hear from you.  Are any of you in the midst of a faith adventure of your own?  Is God beckoning you into unfamiliar territory, and if so, how is that going?  What is the nature of the adventure?  I would love to hear  your thoughts and experiences, as we can be of mutual benefit in encouraging one another in journey of life and faith.


Thanks for sharing!


Jen

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Yay, Mom!!! :) i'm sooo happy you finally have your first post up and i really have no idea why you were hesitant to post things on your blog because that post was AMAZING!!! Keep up the awesome work and I can't wait to hear from you about what God is doing in your life in future posts...love u <3